Concurrent enrollment is one of the many opportunities Oklahoma City University offers to help ensure a successful college career. Enrolling in college courses through the spring semester of your senior year of high school has several advantages:
- Earn up to 18 credit hours, tuition free*
- Experience the pace of college level courses
- Open the door to more scholarship opportunities
- Meet new friends
- Learn to manage the demands of higher education
To qualify for concurrent enrollment you must:
You must submit the following materials to the Office of University Admissions:
- Have strong high school credentials
- A minimum ACT score of 24 (or SAT score of 1090)
- A minimum GPA of 3.25
- An official high school transcript
- An official ACT or SAT score(s)
- A letter of recommendation from the applicant's high school principal or counselor
- A letter from the applicant's parents endorsing early entrance into college
- A letter from the student stating why he/she feels ready for college work before the completion of a traditional high school program (or equivalent home school curriculum**)
- A completed and signed Concurrent Enrollment Agreement Form.
Upon submission, your application and credentials will be reviewed by the Senior Director of University Admissions to determine eligibility. Once accepted, you may enroll in a total of six college hours per semester tuition free.*
*Only the cost of tuition is waived. The student is responsible for all other miscellaneous fees and books that may be required.
**If you are home schooled, please call Christina Mallory at 405.208.5063
***All college hours taken while concurrently enrolled are posted to an official OCU transcript.