International Admissions, Multicultural Student Affairs and Residence Life welcome you to OCU! We are so happy you are joining the university family, and we look forward to your arrival. This information below is intended to assist you with your travel to Oklahoma City University.
Click Here to Download the Pre-Arrival Packet.
Airport Pickup Service
If you would like to be picked up at the airport by a member of our staff, please complete the Airport Pickup Request. Please be advised that we will be conducting airport pickups in the week before school begins (August 18-22) between the hours of 8:00 am and 11:00 pm. If you will be arriving outside of these times, we will consider your airport pickup request on a case by case basis but we cannot guarantee that pickup will be available.
After submitting the Airport Pickup Request You will be contacted by someone from the International Admissions office to confirm that your information has been received. Feel free to email email@example.com to confirm your pickup at anytime.
Airport Express Shuttle Service
If you will be arriving outside of the normal airport pickup times, Airport Shuttle service from the airport is available for our students through Airport Express. There is a charge for this service that you will be responsible for. You will need to pay by cash or credit card to the driver. The cost of the service for transportation to OCU:
- $22.00 for 1 passenger
- $3.00 for each additional passenger
Please carry the Arrival Information form with you at all times until you arrive on campus at OCU. Once you arrive at Will Rogers Airport in OKC, proceed to baggage claim to retrieve your baggage. Head out the doors outside baggage claim and cross the street to the shuttle pickup lane where you will be picked up. The Airport Express Shuttle is a blue van with yellow lettering. If your flight is delayed please call the 24 hour toll-free Airport Express number: 1-877-688-3311 or visit the website
Students are strongly encouraged to make housing arrangements prior to arriving in Oklahoma City. Students who would like to live on campus should complete housing applications for the OCU dormitories or Cokesbury Court Apartments. Students who are over the age of 21 have the option to find off-campus housing.
- On-campus housing is limited! You are encouraged to submit housing applications as far in advance as possible. The earlier you make your application for on-campus housing, the better your chances are of securing a room on campus.
- Please take note that a reservation will not be made on your behalf until you have returned the dorm or Cokesbury Court application along with the correct deposit. Click here for the OCU Housing Assignment Application and Contract.
- If you are over the age of 21 and choose to live off camus, you will need to make all arrangements independently. Unfortunately Oklahoma City University cannot endourse any non-OCU properties.
- If you do not make living arrangements prior to arriving in Oklahoma City, plan to stay at an area hotel until you have taken the necessary steps to arrange housing. For a list of nearby hotels, click here.
- For more information about housing and residence life, call the housing director at (405) 208-7907, or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- OCU is not able to recommend or suggest off-campus apartment complexes to new students.
Move in dates for FALL 2014
Residence Halls will open AUGUST 19, 2014. Move in time will be normal business hours: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm. It is VERY important that you make arrangements to move in on this day and time. If OCU obligations require you to move in before or after the official move in date, you MUST contact the University Housing Office to request a special move in day and time.
- For Residence Halls (dorms) please contact Ade Okediji (email@example.com)
- For Cokesbury Apartments please contact Liz Harney (firstname.lastname@example.org)
You must provide the exact date and time that you plan to arrive and move in. Please make your request at least 3 days prior to your planned arrival. Special move ins are not guaranteed if a request has not been made.
Move ins are typically not processed between the hours of 11:00 pm and 8:00 am. If you will be arriving after 11:00 pm, please make arrangements to stay in a hotel the first night. For a list of local hotels that offer discounted rates to OCU students, please click here.
Area Hotel Accommodations
Oklahoma City University does not have temporary housing available on campus. You will need to make hotel accommodations if:
- You have not yet made living arrangements.
- You are not able to move into your off-campus residence due to late or weekend arrival.
- You arrive on campus after hours and are not able to move in to on-campus housing.
- Airport shuttle and hotel costs are at the expense of the student, not the university. Please bring enough cash or a credit card to pay for a hotel stay, food, and shuttle transportation if those arrangements are necessary.
- Please plan to only arrive at the University between the hours of 8:00 am and 5:00 pm Monday through Friday (unless other arrangements have been made with University Housing). University offices are only open at these times.
Arrival in January for the Spring Semester
Please note that the university is closed each year during the Christmas holiday (December 23 - January 1). This includes the Office of International Admissions and Housing. Refer to the Oklahoma City University academic calendar Academic Calendar for the most up-to-date information. All campus services are closed during this time. For hotel reservations at discounted rates for students, please see the hotel information below.
International Admissions Office Contact Information Monday through Friday: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Toll Free: 800-633-7242, Press 1 and then 5
Email: email@example.com Weekends and Evenings
The Security Office phone is answered 24 hours a day. That number is 405-208-5001. All campus offices are closed and office buildings are locked after 5 pm, Monday through Friday and on weekends. Location
Oklahoma City University
International Admissions Office
Ann Lacy Visitor Center 2nd Floor
2501 N. Blackwelder Avenue
Oklahoma City, OK 73106-1493