All international students are required to purchase a University health insurance plan. The cost is $610 for Fall semester and $849 for spring which also includes summer.
The insurance provides up to $100,000 in coverage including:
- Few out-of-pocket expense for students when they use the OCU Campus Health Clinic for medical needs.
- Basic Accident & Illness - pays 80% up to maximum of $100,000 per injury or illness (student is responsible for 20% of all medical expenses outside of the Campus Health Clinic). $100 deductible per policy year (student pays the first $100 before the insurance begins to pay).
- Pregnancy - Pregnancy benefits same as basic accident & illness. You must be enrolled in school during the entire pregnancy for complete coverage.
- Preventative Care - Includes wellness visits, immunizations, annual blood work screens, etc. up to a maximum of $100,000 paid at 100%.
- Dental - No coverage for basic dental issues such as cleanings or cavities. Only coverage for dental is for injury to sound, natural teeth or impacted wisdom teeth. See brochure for more information.
- Vision - No coverage for routine eye exams, glasses, or contacts. Benifits for illness or injury to eye same as basic accident & illness.
Students should utilize the services at the Student Health Clinic first unless it is an emergency situation.
*Please note that J-1 visa holders will be obligated to purchase this insurance if they do not have home insurance that will cover $100,000.
More information can be found by contacting the Student Health Clinic.
See also: International Student Immunization Information Sheet