Oklahoma City University seeks highly motivated students. Important factors to be considered are academic records, achievement on scholastic aptitude tests, desirable traits of character and personality, and the interest and goals of the applicant in relation to the programs of study offered by the University. Download a copy of our brochure here.
To apply, please complete and submit the following:
- Apply online
- A copy of passport ID page, if available
- Original or certified copies of all academic records. A certified English translation must accompany transcripts not issued by the school in English
The term "certified" refers to academic records issued by your previous school(s) with an official school seal or stamp on the document. It should not be a copy "issued to the student."
- Financial statement of support
This statement should show support of at least U.S. $41,586 for undergraduate studies, $43,576 for undergraduate music majors, $43,086 for the first year Bachelor of Nursing program, $31,318 for graduate studies, $33,308 for Master in Music studies, and $32,443 for Master of Nursing program over a nine-month period. If any dependents are accompanying the applicant to the United States, an additional amount of $2,000 per year must be shown for the support of the spouse and $1,000 for each child. If you are not sponsoring yourself, please download this form, have your sponsor complete it, and send it along with their financial statement.
- TOEFL or IELTS or intent to study at an ELS Language Center:
All applicants whose native language is not English MUST meet one of OCU's English proficiency requirements. You must have a score of 80 or better for general admission (550 on paper-based test), a 6.0 overall and 5.5 on each band score of the I.E.L.T.S or ELS
- Intensive Level 112 completion (a few degree programs have higher requirements). If you do not have a TOEFL score of at least 550, you may plan to attend the
- ELS Language Center on campus. Students in ELS levels 110, 111, and 112 may enroll concurrently in OCU courses. Please see the provisional admission requirements below for students whose TOEFL scores are lower than those listed here.
- A non-refundable application fee of U.S. $50 for online applications. To pay by credit card, please complete the online application.
- Personal statement of purpose
A personal statement should tell us something about your background and your future aspirations, particularly in relation to your studies.
- SAT score report (for freshman scholarship applicants only)
- Two letters of recommendation (for graduate applicants only). You may ask your references to use this form or they may provide their own letter.
- GMAT or GRE score report (for MBA applicants only). Students may submit any of the following:
A GMAT score of 425 or better
A combined verbal and quantitative score of 1000 on the GRE
Click here to download a copy of our MBA brochure.
- GMAT score report (for Master of Science in Accounting applicants only)
A GMAT score in the 50th percentile or a score of 475 is required
- Music Audition (for all music applicants). Music applicants must first submit the online audition request form. Next music applicants must submit an recorded audition via Dropbox or YouTube . For more information about music audition requirements click here.
The OCU Institutional code is 6543.Transferring to Oklahoma City University
You will need to have the school you are currently attending, or the school you last attended, complete the following 2 forms and send them to the International Admissions Office by fax (405) 208-5946 or by mail to the International Admissions Office, 2501 N. Blackwelder, Oklahoma City, OK 73106.
- Immigration Transfer Form (.pdf) - to be completed by the International Student Office
- Dean's Recommendation Form (.doc) - to be completed by the Dean of Students at your current institution.
For most undergraduate programs, students with a TOEFL score between 61 and 79 (iBT) or 500 and 549 (international paper-based PBT) may be provisionally admitted and begin their degree program full-time. Provisionally admitted undergraduate students must complete 12 credit hours with a 2.0 GPA, and provisionally admitted graduate students must complete 15 credit hours with a 3.0 GPA to continue in the program.
Application documents should be sent to:
Oklahoma City University
2501 N Blackwelder
Oklahoma City, OK 73106-1493
The equivalent of a 3.0 high school grade point average is required for admission into Oklahoma City University's undergraduate programs, and a 3.0 undergraduate GPA for most graduate programs. Detailed requirements are listed on the Oklahoma City University Application for Admission. A TOEFL score of PBT 550 or iBT 80 is required for most programs.
Applying for a Visa
Once you've been accepted to Oklahoma City University, you will receive an admission letter and I-20 document. Take these documents, along with your statement of financial support, to the nearest U.S. Embassy or U.S. Consulate to apply for an F-1 student visa.
Need help completing your application? Have questions about housing or other issues? Our International Admissions Office can help you. Call (405) 208-5358 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Call (800) 633-7242 or e-mail email@example.com to obtain more information or to arrange a campus tour.