Our method for spiritual growth and diversity
Oklahoma City University is affiliated with the United Methodist Church and we live up to our heritage as a community with a method for success. We are proud to be listed among the Forbes list of "Best Christian Colleges."
OCU's culture, comprised of students, faculty, and staff from diverse backgrounds, is one of service and scholarship. Through the intentional service learning opportunities and community outreach, our focus is to create socially aware community leaders who are well equipped to change the world. We strive for the intellectual, moral, and spiritual growth of all students. This prepares them for the service and transformative leadership they offer their communities.
All denominations and faiths are welcome at OCU, and we have a diverse religious and cultural population represented on campus. We offer non-denominational chapel every Thursday at 1 p.m. During this time no other class or meetings are scheduled in order to allow any member of the campus community an opportunity to attend if they choose.
We have many campus ministry opportunities:
• Evensong: Monday evening contemporary worship service
• Wednesday at the Wesley: lunchtime opportunity each Wednesday to connect with other students
• Catholic Student Union Mass: Sunday evenings
• Baptist Collegiate Ministries: offering Bible studies, conversation classes, and student lunches
• Kappa Phi and Delta Alpha Chi: Christian-based sorority and fraternity
• Moments of Peace: silence, meditation, and prayer each Thursday morning and afternoon
• Monthly Missions: service opportunities, everything from Habitat for Humanity to clothing drives
• Small Groups: including Fellowship of Christian Athletes, freshmen Bible study, Generation Blessed Gospel
Singers, OCU Mission Team, and more
It's all part of the plan, the Pre-Law Oxford Plan
Do you have a student interested in Pre-Law? You may want to learn about our Oxford Plan. A qualifying student can receive preferential admission into Oklahoma City University's School of Law and can complete both their undergraduate and law degrees in as few as six years. The Oxford Plan program is patterned after the philosophy, politics, and economics degrees at the University of Oxford. If you have specific questions, please contact Janelle Warlick at 405-208-6033 or email@example.com.
Requirements for Oxford Plan Applicants
To participate in the Oxford Plan at Oklahoma City University, a student must satisfy any one of the following requirements:
1. A composite ACT score of 27 or higher
2. A combined SAT score of 1220 or higher
3. A high school cumulative GPA of 3.75 or higher on a 4.0 scale (or the equivalent). In addition
international students must have an internet-based TOEFL (IBT) score of 100 or higher.
Your student can learn more and complete their online application here.
No Car, No Problem with on campus Time Car
All students, including freshmen, are invited to bring a car to campus, but if a student doesn't have a car, that won't keep them from getting around Oklahoma City easily. At Oklahoma City University we have a program called Time Car, a membership-based car sharing service that provides 24/7 access to vehicles on an hourly and daily basis across Oklahoma and Texas.
It's an alternative transportation service that's better for the environment. Membership allows you to reserve a car on the web or via an automated phone system. You unlock the car with a smartcard swiping device, drive where you want, and return the vehicle to its designated parking spot on the OCU campus. Car share members pay an hourly or daily rate and are not charged additional fees for gasoline, insurance, maintenance or permanent parking like they would with a car rental.
Learn more about TimeCar