A spiritual community
Oklahoma City University is affiliated with the United Methodist Church and we live up to our heritage as a community with a method for success. OCU's culture, comprised of students, faculty, and staff from diverse backgrounds, is one of service and scholarship. Through the intentional service learning opportunities and community outreach, our focus is to create socially aware community leaders who are well equipped to change the world. We strive for the intellectual, moral, and spiritual growth of all students. This prepares them for the service and transformative leadership they offer their communities.
All denominations and faiths are welcome at OCU, and we have a diverse religious and cultural population represented on campus. We offer non-denominational chapel every Thursday at 1 p.m. During this time no other class or meetings are scheduled in order to allow any member of the campus community an opportunity to attend if they choose.
We have many campus ministry opportunities:
• Evensong: Monday evening contemporary worship service
• Wednesday at the Wesley: lunchtime opportunity each Wednesday to connect with other students
• Baptist Collegiate Ministries: offering Bible studies, conversation classes, and student lunches
• Kappa Phi and Delta Alpha Chi: Christian-based sorority and fraternity
• Moments of Peace: silence, meditation, and prayer each Thursday morning and afternoon
• Monthly Missions: service opportunities, everything from Habitat for Humanity to clothing drives
• Small Groups: including Fellowship of Christian Athletes, freshmen Bible study, Generation Blessed Gospel
Singers, OCU Mission Team, and more