Undergraduate Admissions: 405-208-5050 | School Code 003166: male student reads newspaper in dulaney-browne library

Define a transfer student.

Any undergraduate student with college hours that were not earned through concurrent enrollment.
NOTE: High school students just graduated in May with college credit are not considered transfer students.

Do I have to fill out the essay part of the application?

Yes, because the essay is used as part of the consideration for scholarship eligibility.

Is there an application fee?

Yes, there is a one-time application fee of $55.

What is the deadline for the application?

OCU offers rolling admission. However, for best scholarship consideration it is recommended that you apply early.
NOTE: The Kramer School of Nursing does have deadlines for admission. Please visit the KSN website for more information.

Will you need my high school transcript and test scores?

If a student is applying with 29 or less college credit hours, Oklahoma City University will need an official high school transcript and ACT/SAT scores.

What are the requirements to be eligible to transfer to Oklahoma City University?

Transfer students who are in good academic and financial standing with their previous institution are admissible to Oklahoma City University.

Will my credits from other schools transfer to Oklahoma City University?

Applicants must have a minimum of 2.0, be in good standing from a regionally accredited university and must meet all OCU requirements. Transfer students with 29 or fewer hours of transferable credit must submit an official high school transcript and ACT/SAT scores to Oklahoma City University in order to be considered for admission.

Incoming summer/fall 2016 transfer students with a conferred Associate of Science (AS) or Associate in Arts (AA) degree (not an Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degree) from an accredited college or university can enter OCU as "general education completed." However, two general education requirements that are specific to our college culture and enrich the OCU experience - Biblical Literature or World Religions, and a service learning course - if not present on the transcript, must be completed while matriculated at OCU.

What kind of financial aid is available for transfer students?

See available transfer scholarships

Do out-of-state students pay more to attend OCU?

Tuition is the same for all students, whether residents or non-residents of Oklahoma.

What if I'm not United Methodist; can I attend OCU?

You sure can! Though Oklahoma City University is a United Methodist-related university, we welcome students of all faiths in a diverse student environment.

Does OCU have any "on campus" living requirements?

Because we believe that a valuable part of a student's learning experience occurs in the University residence halls, we require single, full-time undergraduate students under the age of 21 to live on campus unless they live with a parent or legal guardian while attending Oklahoma City University.

Does the university offer housing for married couples?

We have on-campus apartments available for married couples who are students at Oklahoma City University.

What is there to do in Oklahoma City?

Also know as "The Big Friendly," the city is centered around the Bricktown Entertainment District and is shaped from an extremely diverse population including 39 American Indian tribes, a vibrant Asian district, the iconic Stockyard City, Paseo Arts District and restoration of historic Western Ave, just to name a few. All of these experiences are within walking distance or just minutes away by car. Want to learn more about our state? Visit: Oklahoma Tourism

What about parking?

Each student who owns an car and plans to park on campus must purchase a valid parking sticker from the Campus Police Department. A permit can be purchased online here. When you visit campus, a temporary parking permit will be issued to you free of charge.

Does OCU offer coed dorms?

OCU offers both coed and same gender facilities. Click here to learn more about our residence halls. On-campus apartments are available for upperclassmen and married couples.

What services do you provided for disabled students?

Disability Services works with university administration to develop and implement policies and procedures regarding students with disabilities. More information can be found on the Student Health Clinic and the Disability Services website.
Couldn't find an answer? Ask us a question below.