Why a degree in Physics?
In our modern fast changing and highly demanding world one undergraduate college degree is often not sufficient to succeed in the professional world after graduation.
- College graduates with degrees in Physics find immediate employment. The waiting time between graduation and the beginning of employment is, on the average, shorter than one month.
- The initial salaries are highest for engineering, mathematics and physics graduates. Salaries in these areas are between 50% and 100% higher than those for other disciplines (like English, Education, Philosophy, Sociology, History and others).
- The areas of application of physics are numerous, challenging and gratifying.
Why a degree in Physics from Oklahoma City University?
- All courses are taught by faculty with Ph.D. degrees who have many years of teaching experience.
- Students obtain solid advice by faculty members for their future goals, whether that is graduate school, an occupation in the industry, or research areas. In recent years, about 85% of all graduates were accepted to top-ranked graduate schools. According the US News & World Report, physicists and mathematicians find immediate employment following graduation.
- Students who wish to pursue advanced degrees in the areas of theoretical, experimental, and applied physics and engineering obtain a solid background in math and physics.
- Physics majors are advised to take as many courses in mathematics to be better prepared for graduate school, in pursuing an engineering degree, and securing a permanent position in government, industry, and research institutes.
- A strong personal interaction between students and faculty exists in our department, which helps students feel at ease in the college environment.