OKCU Summer Art Camp
July 18-29, 2016 — Earn 3 hours of college credit
The Art Department in the School of Visual Arts will host its first summer art camp this summer at the Norick Art Center on the Oklahoma City University Campus.
Be one of a limited number of students accepted into OKCU’s Summer Art Camp.
The camp offers each student the chance to earn 3 hours of college credit by taking a college-level art class directed and instructed by our art faculty. Each student will be provided access to the studios and digital labs and supplies will be provided.
The Norick Art Center### is located in a 29,000 square-foot facility that houses all the fine art areas. The center contains painting and drawing areas, a ceramics
and 3-D area, printmaking room, a twenty-two station Macintosh computer lab, and the Nona Jean Hulsey Gallery, which hosts eight to twelve exhibits each year. Every semester there is a capstone exhibit for seniors and a student show is held each spring. There is an active art club that sponsors two student arts shows each year plus major involvement in both university and community programs.
Admission to the Summer Program is based on ability and on age restrictions and requirements. We accept talented high school Juniors and Seniors who possess outstanding maturity, responsibility, and self-motivation with a High School GPA of 3.25 and/or ACT of 24.
All residential programs include on-campus housing and all meals.
Two weeks - $1,800.00
Commuter programs include lunch daily.
Two weeks - $1,150.00
- Complete the concurrent enrollment form.###
All programs for high school students require a teacher recommendation letter. The letter should accompany the concurrent enrollment form.###
Acceptance notifications will be made BY EMAIL on or before the notification deadline.
In order to reserve your place in a program, students must return the following by the due dates provided in your acceptance email:
- half tuition payment
- signed rules and regulations form
- emergency contact form
- signed release & waiver form
- completed medical form
- copy of your insurance form
Accepted students will find this information on our website under "Summer Admitted Students."
Failure to send payment by the designated time will result in retraction of acceptance and your spot will be given to another applicant.
The Performing Arts Academy accepts no liability for payments delayed due to mail or other acts. Applicants may call the Academy office at (405) 208-5252 to receive payment confirmation.
Tuition must be paid in full by May 31st or within two weeks of acceptance notification. Failure to receive payment may result in retraction of acceptance or addition of late fees.
- Participants who wish to cancel their participation in a Summer Program must do so in writing one month prior to the start of their program to receive a full refund (less application fee). Failure to act within this time frame will result in no monetary reimbursement.
- Application fees are non-refundable.
- If an accepted applicant must cancel less than one month before the start of their program due to sickness or medical condition:
- The applicant must submit a written doctor’s verification of illness.
- Refund will not be issued until doctor’s verification is received.
- Once verification is received, the applicant will be refunded 70% of the tuition paid. Doctor’s verification must be received within 5 working days of notice of cancellation or no refund will be issued.
- Refunds are made by direct deposit only.