"Ecology of Greater Yellowstone" will be offered during Maymester 2014. Spend a week exploring and receive lab science credit. Email Dr. Tony Stancampiano at email@example.com with questions.
Tri Beta, along with Alpha Chi honor society, will host Earth Day 2014 on Tuesday, April 22 on the OCU campus. This year's activity if focused on water. More information soon.
Seven OCU students were awarded competitive fellowships to perform undergraduate research in biology or biomedical science this summer. The students and their research sites are:
- Brandon Burkett, University of Oklahoma Stephenson Cancer Center
- Cameron Calloway, Brandeis University
- Rileigh Darby-McClure, Stonybrook University
- Sophia Hackney, OCU’s CAIRS/UR Program
- Christina Hansen, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
- Anna Stovall, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
- Lillie Pennington, Boston University
Science majors Angelina Stancampiano, Raechel Brown, Rileigh Darby-McClure, Brandon Burkett, and Christina Hansen recently attended the Tri-Beta Southcentral Regional Convention at the University of Oklahoma Biological Station (UOBS) located at Lake Texoma. Additionally Hansen won the John C. Johnson Award for Excellence in Student Research with her presentation titled “Kinetochore Construction On Meiotic Chromosomes” and was elected to serve of the Southcentral Regional Secretary for the organization.