Meinders School of Business Marketing & Management Club
Much of college learning happens outside the classroom, so make sure to take advantage.
There's more to the college experience than the classroom. Here are the top 5 reasons to join a club on campus:
1. It allows students to become connected to their school: Colleges are full of resources, but the responsibility is on the student to seek them out. Being involved helps them to do that.
2. It helps them build community: Since they're leaving their family and sometimes their friends behind, getting involved helps them discover new friends with similar interests.
3. It allows them to discover their passions and strengths: These will follow them all through life. It allows them to discover what they don't like, too.
4. It's a résumé builder: Freshman year is not too soon to begin thinking about positioning yourself for future employment.
5. Sometimes, the busier, the better: This will vary a lot by the student, of course, but more free time does not always equal better grades. Being involved will require some organization and time management on the part of the student—and that's a good thing.
Source: US News
This departmental Club is open to all students both graduate and undergraduate. Speakers from the professional world address the club at nearly every meeting. Topics include professional education and development. Meetings are held at 5:00 on various days of the week. Membership dues are $5 per semester which includes refreshments in each meeting. Join the Student Accounting Society
Contact: Dr. Evan Shough at 208-5486 or email@example.com
A student group affiliated with the Oklahoma Business Ethics Consortium that promotes positive ethical standards in life and work. This group meets monthly during the school year on the first Thursday of the month at 5 pm. The meetings consist of a program, often with a speaker, along with an organization business meeting. Opportunities for scholarships also exist. Join the OCU Business Ethics Consortium
Marketing and Management Club is a student organized group, consisting of all majors interested in the “business side” of any field or profession. Our club’s goal is to provide professional, modern marketing and management insight, internship and career opportunities, and student-to-professional networking activities throughout the year. The club holds monthly speaker meetings with lunch provided, along with additional club activities each semester. M&M Club holds an annual networking event for all OCU students and local Oklahoma City business professionals. Members are provided with lunch at each monthly meeting and if registered in August will receive a club t-shirt with a $5 per semester contribution for member dues.
Join the Marketing and Management Club
Contact: Alex Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org
The mission of a Toastmasters club is to provide a mutually supportive and positive learning environment in which every individual member has the opportunity to develop oral communication and leadership skills, which in turn foster self-confidence and personal growth. Toastmasters International helps men and women learn the arts of speaking, listening and thinking – vital skills that promote self-actualization, enhance leadership potential, foster human understanding and contribute to the betterment of mankind. Join the Toastmasters Club
Contact: Dr. Ron Shaw at 208-5283 or email@example.com