Master of Science in Energy Management
Classes Begin January 2017
- Bachelor’s Degree with a cumulative GPA of 3.00 or above
- Two years of relevant work experience preferred
- Statement of purpose (minimum 500 words) addressing background in the energy industry, business experience, and purpose for seeking degree.
- Full professional resume
- Two letters of recommendation from employers/supervisors
- Qualifying GMAT/GRE score (score may be waived based on work experience)
Required Courses (Sequential order)
MGMT 5723: Leadership and Management in the Energy Industry
ELAW 5703: Legal and Ethical Environment of the Energy Industry
MGMT 6743: Internal and External Communication in the Energy Industry
ELAW 5453: Negotiation and Dispute Resolution
ACCT 5593: Accounting for Managers in Energy Business
ECON 6213: Energy Economics
FIN 5303: Financial Policy for Managers
MGMT 6713: Energy Operations Management
MGMT 5733: Essentials of Oil and Gas Legal Principles
FIN 6373: Energy Management Capstone Experience
Current Tuition and Fees
Tuition for both the Master of Science in Energy Management and Energy Legal Studies is determined in an effort to ensure that these innovative degrees are of the highest quality in all aspects. Current tuition for the 10 degree courses in either program is $590 per credit hour. The total current fees in either program is presently $4,690. Textbooks are not included. Additionally, ALL Energy Management and Energy Legal Studies students will be required to make their Capstone presentations live, in-person in Oklahoma City. The expense of any travel for the Capstone presentation is not included in the above-listed tuition and fees. 6/15/16
Students may be eligible for scholarships and Meinders Corporate Partner Benefits.
Learn more about which program would better suit your particular career goals. Students enrolled for Spring 2017/cohort 11, will participate in guest lectures from the following energy executives:
- Mike Ming, General Manager of the new GE Global Research Center in OKC
- Dana Murphy, Oklahoma Corporation Commissioner
- Sean Trauschke, CEO, OGE Energy
- Dave Hager, CEO, Devon Energy
- Doug Lawler, CEO, Chesapeake Energy
The Meinders Experience
- AACSB accredited, ranked in the top 4.5% of programs worldwide.
- Cohorts are comprised of industry professionals with diverse backgrounds, providing an exclusive opportunity to build a strong and supportive network.
- Guest lecturing gives students the opportunity to learn from executives and elicit candid responses about their professional experiences.
- Faculty with outstanding academic and business credentials maintain a contemporary, business-related focus in the classroom.
- Attend all Meinders-sponsored events and conferences free of charge.
- Access to premier financial and investment data at the Bloomberg Terminal.
Meredith Wegener, Director of Energy Programs
email@example.com or (405) 208-5593.
You may also request more information from graduate admissions.