One-Year Global Energy MBA
36 Credit Hours | 1 Year, full-time | Prerequisites not required
Meinders School of Business offers an Energy MBA unique among schools of business. Our One-Year Global Energy MBA delivers in-depth knowledge of contemporary energy business issues through classes focused on the energy sector plus the generalized managerial perspectives of the prestigious MBA credential. This premier program prepares the next generation of energy leaders through courses focused on cutting-edge as well as day-to-day business situations unique to the energy industry.
Students will have the opportunity to meet, in the classroom, with Chief Executive Officers of large oil & gas exploration and production companies as well as electric power generation companies. Oklahoma City is the international focal point for shale oil and natural gas knowledge due to the companies that pioneered this vast global energy resource through advances in technology such as horizontal drilling and hydraulic fracturing. Students will learn about these new, vast energy resources and have the opportunity to meet leaders and classmates who work for these companies as part of their cohort.
A Marketable Skill Set
This premier program prepares the next generation of energy leaders through courses focused on cutting-edge as well as day-to-day business situations unique to the energy industry. Build a framework for critical thinking and pragmatic problem solving, complemented by hands-on experiences to strengthen leadership, communication, presentation, analysis, negotiation, and collaboration.
Our full-time day program lets students power up their career by gaining in-depth knowledge in energy business issues and strategies for managing the opportunities in this dynamic industry while earning a highly respected degree in just one year.
The Meinders Experience
- AACSB accredited, ranked in the top 4.5% of programs worldwide.
- Cohort structure offers an exclusive opportunity to build a strong and supportive network of future colleagues.
- Active learning and collaboration outside the classroom with employers and influencers in the business community.
- Guest lecturing gives students the opportunity to learn from executives and elicit candid responses about their professional experiences.
- Faculty with outstanding academic and business credentials maintain a contemporary, business-related focus in the classroom.
- Attend all Meinders-sponsored events and conferences free of charge.
- Access to premier financial and investment data at the Bloomberg Terminal.
Applications are evaluated on an individual basis and consider the following factors:
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited university with a cumulative GPA of 3.00 or above.
- Employed in and having minimum of 3-years’ relevant experience in the energy industry.
- Academic and/or professional accomplishments.
- Transcripts documenting successful completion of statistics course.
- GMAT score (may be waived in consideration of work experience and achievements and strength of academic accomplishments).
- Professional Resume including academic and professional accomplishments.
- 500 to 750 word personal statement and purpose for seeking degree.
- Two letters of recommendation from employers/supervisors.
- Satisfactory completion of Skype interview.
- Meet English proficiency requirement: TOEFL iBT ≥ 93 or IELTS ≥ 7.0 overall with no subscale below 7.0.