Professional/Senior Professional in Human Resources (PHR/SPHR)
The Meinders School of Business at Oklahoma City University has earned initial accreditation from Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International) and is recognized as being one of the best business schools in the world. Through our Continuing Professional Education Program, you can gather the necessary information you need to pass the national examination and earn your Senior Professional or Professional in Human Resources certification. Our pass rates are among the highest in the nation, with recent classes achieving a 100% pass-rate on the national examination. It is a great time to become a Human Resources Professional through the Meinders School of Business.
Fall 2015 Class Schedule
August 26- November 11, 2015
Wednesday evenings from 6:00 – 9:00 p.m.
HR Certification Syllabus Fall 2015
Tuition is $600, plus $475 for the cost of the HRCP books.
Specialized training is essential in order for the Human Resource Professional to keep pace with the staggering changes. To assist you in meeting this challenge, Oklahoma City University is offering a 12-week Human Resource Management Certification Program.
This program provides training in key areas of human resource management, enables networking with other professionals and prepares you for the Professional in Human Resources (PHR) and Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certification examinations.
For more information about the program call Melissa Cory at 405.208.5540 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benefits of the Course
• Is a preparatory course for the Professional in Human Resource (PHR) & Senior Professional in Human Resource (SPHR) certification examinations given by the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI).
• Provides a comprehensive overview of key HR management topics.
• Corresponds to the six functional areas of HRCI exam.
• Utilizes varied teaching methods, focusing on the student for success in taking the certification exam.
• Provides an interactive hands-on educational opportunity designed for the adult learner. Is designed to enhance retention of course materials by using case studies, mock exams, films and practice sessions.
• Provides a mock exam.
• Provides a review of test taking techniques.
• Offers group discussion with human resource professionals who have actually taken the SPHR and PHR exams.
• Uses study guides and flashcards written by HR professionals with prior experience on the HRIS Board of Directors.
• Is conveniently located on the Oklahoma City University Campus.
Your instructors are a team of certified Human Resource Professionals that boast a combined experience spanning almost 4 decades.
Who Should Attend?
HR Professionals desiring a review course for the HR Certification Institute (HRCI) exams.
HR Managers seeking to broaden their knowledge.
Professionals new to the field, seeking a comprehensive overview of Human Resources.
Professionals seeking a complete understanding of the Human Resources function.
The National Certification Exams
This certificate program will prepare you for either the Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) exam. These national certification exams are given twice yearly. Students planning to sit for the exam must apply separately with the exam administrator, the HR Certification Institute (HRCI). Registration booklets will be distributed at the first class, but you can also register online by visiting the HRCI site at www.hrci.org
1 year of demonstrated professional HR experience with a Master’s degree or higher
2 years of demonstrated professional HR experience with a Bachelor’s degree
4 years of demonstrated professional HR experience with less than a Bachelor’s degree
4 years of demonstrated professional HR experience with a Master’s degree or higher
5 years of demonstrated professional HR experience with a Bachelor’s degree
7 years of demonstrated professional HR experience with less than a Bachelor’s degree
IMPORTANT: Completion of this program, while excellent preparation for the exams, does not guarantee success.