What Can I Expect in Counseling?
The following are some of the things you can expect:
- Your counselor will be someone who will listen and be nonjudgmental.
- Sometimes you may experience painful feelings before you start feeling better.
- What you talk about with the counselor is confidential. Your parents and professors WILL NOT be informed about what is discussed during the sessions.
- There are some limits to confidentiality; however, these will be explained and given to you in writing on your first visit.
- While in counseling, you can talk about whatever is concerning you at the time. The counselor will help you examine your concerns and assist you in finding a means to fulfill your goals.
Contact University Counseling