Oklahoma City University’s Petree College of Arts and Sciences is proud to celebrate the published, performed and commissioned works of our esteemed and talented OCU faculty.
Please join us for an evening of entertainment, performance and community, including readings and book signings by nine authors, art displays, film screenings, and presentation of film scores.
Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Oklahoma City Museum of Art
6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Tickets: $15 per person, includes one complimentary drink ticket. Heavy hors d’oeuvres. Cash bar available.
To purchase tickets:
The following authors will be selling and signing books. * Denotes author will also be doing a reading and discussion.
* Abigail Keegan: “Depending on the Weather,” has been named a finalist in the 2012 Oklahoma Book Award competition by the Oklahoma Center for the Book.
* Robin Meyers: “The Underground Church: Reclaiming the Subversive Way of Jesus”
* James Buss: “Winning the West with Words: Language and Conquest in the Lower Great Lakes”
* Mohamed Daadaoui: Moroccan Monarchy and the Islamist Challenge
* Marc DiPaolo: “War, Politics and Superheros: Ethics and Propaganda in Comics and Film”
* Lisa Wolfe: “Ruth, Esther, Song of Songs and Judith”
* Sharon Betsworth: “The Reign of God is Such as These: A Socio-Literary Analysis of Daughter in the Gospel of Mark”
Mike Wimmer: "George" by Frank Keating, published by Simon and Schuster; "Pilgrims Progress" by John Bunyan, Edited by C. J. Lovik, Published by Crossways.
Fritz Kiersch will screen his recent film and hold a discussion.
Lendell Black and Ed Knight have both written the musical scores for recent film projects and will discuss with guests.
Mike Wimmer will showcase a selection of his artwork.