2014 SUMMER WORKSHOP DATES!!
July 21-29, 2014
See below for registration
Broadway-Bound Dancer Workshop
July 21-29, 2014
Registration Deadline: June 20, 2014
This workshop program is for high school students ages 15 to 18 who are interested in the vast world of Broadway and entertainment dance. The 9 day workshop experience is packed with over 70 hours of dance classes and rehearsals focusing on multiple dance techniques used in the entertainment industry. About the workshop:
Classes are taught by Oklahoma City University’s nationally recognized faculty. Each class has been created to encourage technical growth and personal development. The workshop will culminate with a showcase performance on Saturday, July 29th. Family and friends are welcome to attend – free of charge.
Parent and Guest Observation Day Information: Parents and guests are welcome to visit and observe classes on the final day of the intensive, July 29, 2014. This is the only time for parents and guests to observe classes and the final showcase performance.
Example Daily Schedule:
9:30 -10:30am Tap Technique Class: Slides, Tricks and Style
10:45am-12:15pm Jazz Technique Class: Fabulous Fosse
12:15-1:30pm Lunch Break
1:30-3:00pm Ballet Technique Class: Understanding your anatomy to improve your pirouettes
3:15-4:30pm Acting and Emotional Training in Dance
4:30-6:00pm Dinner Break
6:00-8:00pm Rehearsal for Showcase
10:30pm Curfew & Room Check
Oklahoma City University Campus
Edith Kinney Gaylord Center
2501 N. Blackwelder
Oklahoma City, OK 73106
The Gaylord Center designed specifically for dance and arts management instruction was declared in the dance press as the finest facility for dance in higher education in the western hemisphere. The Gaylord Center houses 8 dance studios, locker rooms with private showers and dressing areas, student lounge and relaxation areas, and academic classrooms used explicitly for dance and arts management academic classes.
Early Bird Registration (February 1-March 31): $895 includes room & board
- One Time Payment of $895
- $500 Deposit, and a second payment of $425 (includes $30 deferred payment fee) due by the early bird registration deadline: March 31, 2014. Total Payment equals $925. The early bird discount is lost if the second tuition payment is not made by the early bird registration deadline, March 31, 2014.
Registration (April 1 – May 31): $995 includes room & board
- One Time Payment of $995
- $500 Deposit, and a second payment of $525 (includes $30 deferred payment fee) due by the registration deadline: June 20, 2014. Total Payment equals $1025.
Sunset Registration (June 1 – 19): $1095 includes room & board
- One Time Payment of $1095
Room and Board Accommodations:
All participants will be housed in the Oklahoma United Methodist Hall. Meals will be served in the Cafe Dining Hall in the newly remodeled Tom and Brenda McDaniel University Center.
Oklahoma United Methodist Hall – Amenities
- Movie Theater (20 seats)
- Web Intelligence Laundry Facility (email or text message when laundry is ready)
- Interior courtyard
- Patio/Balcony in every apartment
- Student Lounge Areas
- Ceiling Fans (Living and Bedrooms)
- Full size bed
- Chest of draws
- Desk with chair
- Living Rooms
- Sofa and love seat
- Coffee and end tables
- TV Stand
- Kitchenette (equipped with microwave, refrigerator, sink)
Online Registration Available February 1, 2014.