The Barry M. Goldwater Scholarship provides up to $7,500 per year for educational expenses to sophomores and juniors who intend to have careers in mathematics, the natural sciences, or engineering.
The Goldwater Foundation seeks students who demonstrate a strong commitment to a career in math and sciences and who possess the potential for significant future contributions to their field. Sophomores awarded the scholarship may request two years of support and juniors will receive the award for one year.
A prospective candidate must
1. be a full-time matriculated sophomore or junior the year you apply,
2. have at least a B average and be in the upper fourth of your class,
3. demonstrate commitment and potential in the sciences or math, and
4. be nominated by Oklahoma City University.
1. You must be nominated by a faculty member.
2. Notify the scholarship office of your intention to apply by Nov. 1, Dr. Karen Youmans, email@example.com, 208-5680.
3. Your application essay describing a problem or an experiment and application material must be received in this office by Jan. 15. All application materials and description of the essays can be found on the Goldwater website.
4. Provide three recommendation letters to be received in this office by Jan. 20
5. The Goldwater deadline is Feb. 1
Visit the Goldwater website: www.act.org/goldwater/