Washington Center internships are available for one semester in Washington, D.C. You should be at least a second semester sophomore, junior, or senior to apply. Internships are available to students in all fields. Students take a course with an expert in their field and are placed in exciting internships. Placements include positions in many government sites including Congress or the White House, such corporations as Bank of America or Merrill Lynch, or such humanitarian organizations as Amnesty International, and many more. The Washington Center has student housing available. A number of the placements do provide stipends, but generally students pay tuition and their housing costs to OCU and can earn 9-12 credit hours.
1. Applicants should be able to write a strong personal statement of goals related to two issues that are important to the student.
2. Applicants must have at least a 3.0 grade point average.
3. You need to have a faculty sponsor in your academic field to guide and evaluate your work at TWC.
4. You must provide two excellent letters of recommendation.
5. You must have Oklahoma City University’s endorsement, which you obtain through this scholarship office or Lynette Martin in the Career Services office. Contact me on line, firstname.lastname@example.org or visit Dr. Abigail Keegan in Walker Center 247.
Students can find applications materials, costs and deadlines on line at: www.twc.edu