Jason Miller, Ph.D., CSCS*D, USAW
Chair of Exercise and Sport Science
Office: LO 117
Phone: (405) 208-5648
Academic Course Taught
ESS 2203 Applied Anatomy
ESS 3413 Kinesiology and Biomechanics
ESS 3403 Physiology of Exercise
ESS 4703 Programming Techniques for Strength and ConditioningResearch Interests
Predicting sports performance from performance assessments, sets and repetition schemes for strength and hypertrophy gains, rate of force development and performance, the relationship of training volume and tapering with athletic performance.Selected Publications and Presentations
- Howell, DE, & Miller, JD. (2014). Selected predictors of hip/ankle mobility for baseball pitching performance and ball velocity. International Journal of Exercise Science, 2(6). [Conference Proceedings-Texas ACSM].
- Agre, EM, & Miller, JD. (2014). Correlations between physical characteristics and hip pain in dancers. International Journal of Exercise Science, 2(6). [Conference Proceedings-Texas ACSM].
- Miller, JD, & Alsarraf, B. (2013). Selected predictors of volleyball playing ability in female collegiate volleyball players. National Strength and Conditioning Association – National Conference: Las Vegas, NV, U.S.A.
- Miller, JD, & Agre, E. (2013). Selected predictors of championship cross country running times in male and female collegiate cross country runners. National Strength and Conditioning Association – National Conference: Las Vegas, NV, U.S.A.
- Waller M, Miller, J & Hannon, J. (2011). Resistance circuit training: Its application for the adult population. Strength and Conditioning Journal, 33(1), 16-22.