The Aduddell fitness center exists to service the fitness needs of the students, faculty and staff.
The front door ID scanning system allows the fitness staff to monitor traffic coming through the door and validate the OCU ID carriers.
Fitness Center Fall Hours:
Monday-Friday 6:00 am - 11:00 pm
Saturday 8:00 am - 10:00 pm
Sunday 1:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Fitness Center Policies:
- Participants utilize the fitness center and equipment at their own risk. Oklahoma City University is not responsible for any injury that may occur to individuals participating in any exercise activity. Participation in exercise activity is on a voluntary basis.
- Guests and family members must sign in at the front desk to use the Aduddell fitness center. Only StarCard holders can gain access to the facility – The Aduddell Center is not a public gym.
- Proper athletic attire must be worn at all times. Athletic shoes must be worn at all times. Absolutely no sandals or open-toed or open-backed shoes are permitted.
- All weight equipment should be handled in a responsible manner. Please refrain from slamming or dropping weights. Abuse of the equipment will not be tolerated. Users should replace all free weights on appropriate racks after use.
- Have a spotter when using heavy weights. Collars are required at all times for bench press, incline press, decline press and squats.
- Participants must use the equipment only in the manner intended by the manufacturer. Please follow all instructions and posted signs carefully. Participants shall not move or modify the equipment in any manner whatsoever. Use safety belt when provided on exercise equipment.
- Do not use the equipment if you are taking any medication that causes drowsiness or have any medical condition which makes such use inappropriate.
- Be courteous, let others work in with you, help spot someone if asked, and refrain from loud or abusive language and excessive talk.
- Wipe down equipment after use.
- Disorderly conduct and horseplay will not be tolerated.
- Fitness center participants should report all equipment malfunctions to the fitness staff.
- Food is not permitted in the fitness center. Water, Gatorade or sports drinks are permitted provided they are in sealable, plastic containers. No glass bottles are permitted in the fitness center. Please dispose of all trash in the receptacles.
- Alcohol, smoking, and drugs are not allowed on the premises. Do not drink alcoholic beverages before using the fitness center.
- Oklahoma City University is not responsible for lost or stolen personal items. No bags are permitted on the workout floor.
- Lockers may ONLY be used during your workout - you may not leave items behind. Any personal locks left on lockers at closing will be cut off and contents discarded.
Individuals not adhering to these policies may be asked to leave.
Oklahoma City University reserves the right to revoke the privileges of anyone who violates these rules.
Memberships are only allowed for Family members or guests of an OCU Faculty, Staff or Student.
Rates for memberships are: $30 monthly or $5 per workout session.
Contact the Aduddell fitness center for more information: 405-208-7950 or 405-208-5378.
Assistant Director of Student Life, Intramural Sports and Recreation