How to Apply
Apply to OCULeads
To be considered for OCULeads:
- Applicants must be entering freshmen (direct matriculation from high school).*
- Applicants must submit the application by February 1, 2017.
- Applicants must apply for admission to OCU before submitting an OCULeads application.
- Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- ACT of at least 24
- High School GPA of at least 3.25
*Due to scheduling considerations and arts management focus, prospective dance majors should apply to Dance & Entertainment LEADS in place of OCULeads.
How to Apply
To complete your application you must submit:
- A resume detailing your leadership, community service and extracurricular activities
- Choose one: OCULeads Application or Dance & Entertainment LEADS Application
- Leadership essay (see each prompt below; no more than 500 words)
- OCULeads Topic: Define what it means to be an effective leader, then describe at least one specific example of such leadership, as experienced in your own personal leadership roles and/or interactions with other strong leaders, which led to your definition of a leader. Use vivid details to explain how the example embodies your definition of leadership.
- Dance & Entertainment LEADS Topic: Describe your career goals in the entertainment industry.
First-year OCULeads students will enroll in a 3-credit hour Liberal Arts Seminar (LAS) course for the fall semester. Students will participate in a spring OCULeads course which meets once per week. (This class is not for credit or a grade.) Members are encouraged to discover their individual strengths through a variety of activities including:
- Participating in the OCULeads Living/Learning Community
- Volunteering for and planning local community service projects
- Attending exclusive events at the invitation of OCU President Robert Henry
- Meeting the scholars and distinguished guest speakers visiting OCU
OCULeads students are eligible to receive leadership scholarships that can be renewed for up to four years.