The Oklahoma City University Staff Council works in active partnership with the entire campus community in support of the university’s mission, goals, and functions through embracing the United Methodist traditions of scholarship and service.
- Promote a positive and collaborative environment
- Maintain a sense of community among the staff
- Foster and enhance communications between staff and the university community
Staff Council is here to help, represent, encourage, and advocate for all OCU staff members, both full- and part-time. Monthly meetings are open to the campus community and occur at 10 a.m. the second Thursday of each month in Walker Center Room 151. Staff members are welcome to present causes, concerns, questions, and opinions to Staff Council or to any member of Staff Council to then share with the full group. Staff members may also anonymously share thoughts through the university’s Idea Box at www.okcu.edu/ideabox/.
In place for more than a decade, Staff Council represents staff interests and concerns on a variety of administrative and other OCU committees, including strategic planning, budget, benefits, diversity, leadership, assessment, Benevolent Fund, and wellness. Staff Council’s committee involvement ensures staff have a voice in university decision-making.
Would you like to attend a conference, workshop, webinar, or other training that will help you be more effective in your job? Full-time OCU staff are invited to submit an application for funding from Staff Council for your professional development activities. Awards up to $250 may be given based on these criteria:
- How it will impact your skills, knowledge, job performance, and working environment
- How it will impact other staff, both within and outside of your department
- How it will impact the performance and/or working environment of the university
- If Staff Council has recently funded an application from you
- If Staff Council has recently funded similar activities for other applicants
Funding is limited, so we suggest you submit your application as early in the fiscal year as possible; OCU’s fiscal year begins in July. This year's deadlines are Thursday, Aug. 11, 2016; Monday, Nov. 7, 2016; Monday, Feb. 6, 2017; and Monday, May 8, 2017. The application is available for download from Starnet, or contact Carrie Sauer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 208-5873.
Recent awards have helped our rowing coach attend a FISA conference, a counselor attend a symposium on addictive disorders, our videographer purchase photography training videos, and a student accounts employee pursue a Bursars Professional Certificate online.
- Staff Council monthly meetings: 10–11 a.m. on the second Thursday of every month in Walker Center Room 151. Everyone on campus is welcome. Minutes are posted on StarNet.
- Annual Staff Breakfast: 8 a.m. on Monday, Aug. 10. Free for all staff members.
- Benefits and Wellness Expo: Friday, Oct. 28 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Freede Wellness Center. Look for the Staff Council table to learn what we do, ask questions, and submit ideas.
- Fall Jeans Drive: Oct. 31–Nov. 4, 2016, benefiting the Benevolent Fund and Staff Council. Pay $10 to Staff Council to wear jeans all week for two great causes. The Benevolent Fund is used to help OCU students and employees and is managed by University-Church Relations.
- Annual Easter Egg Hunt
- Spring Jeans Drive: March 6–10, 2017, benefiting the Benevolent Fund and Staff Council. Pay $10 to Staff Council to wear jeans all week for two great causes. The Benevolent Fund is used to help OCU students and employees and is managed by University-Church Relations.
- President Colbi Beam • 208-5255 • email@example.com
- Blythe Benson • 208-6020 • firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chris Bentley • 208-5147 • email@example.com
- Chris Black • 208-5832 • firstname.lastname@example.org
- Emily Bradley • 208-5209 • email@example.com
- Vice President Lee Brown • 208-5029 • firstname.lastname@example.org
- Brian Cartwright • 208-5382 • email@example.com
- Lauren Castelli • 208-5918 • firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tory Doherty • 208-5247 • email@example.com
- Scott Garrison • 208-5419 • firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary April Marciszewski • 208-5242 • email@example.com
- Shauntaé Moham • 208-6330 • firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deborah O’Gwynn • 208-5458 • email@example.com
- Cary Pirrong • 208-5463 • firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carrie Sauer • 208-5873 • email@example.com
- Social Media Coordinator Janelle Warlick • 208-6033 • firstname.lastname@example.org
- Emily Wilkinson • 208-5051 • email@example.com
- Jessica Wilson • 208-6320 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Elections for half of the Staff Council seats are held every May, and members serve two-year terms. Staff may be elected to no more than two consecutive two-year terms but may serve additional terms after one year of absence from the board. All eligible staff members may nominate staff members or themselves to be up for election.