Incoming Graduate Students
2017 Advisory Exams
- Music Theory Diagnostic Exam – Thursday, August 17, 2017, at 10 a.m., FA 340
- Diction Exam – Thursday, August 17, 2017, at 3 p.m., Bass A318
- Music History Exam – Friday, August 18, 2017, at 8 a.m., FA 340
- Acting Exam – Friday, August 18, 2017, at 3 p.m., Bass A101
Performance Leveling Exams
- Voice Leveling – Friday, August 18, 2017, from 1–2:30 p.m., Petree Recital Hall
- Percussion Leveling – Friday, August 18, 2017, from 1–2 p.m., Bass A102
- Brass Leveling – Friday, August 18, 2017, from 1–2 p.m., Bass A110
- Woodwind Leveling – Friday, August 18, 2017, 2015, from 1–2 p.m., Bass A104
- Piano Leveling – Friday, August 18, 2017, from 1–2 p.m., Bass A308
- String Leveling – Friday, August 18, 2017, 1–3 p.m., Bass A105
Graduate Academic Orientation: Tuesday, August 29th, 1 p.m., Bass A101
Other Useful Resources
All new music theater students are required to attend dance leveling during new student orientation week from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, August 17, 2017, in Gaylord Center, Studio R.
Students will level in ballet, tap and jazz. The School of Dance & Arts Management will enroll students in dance classes, based on leveling, before classes begin.
You must attend all three levelings:
- Ballet, 9:00 to 11:00 a.m.
- Tap, 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Jazz, 2:00 to 4:00 p.m.
Also, please download and read this document on what to wear. There are no exceptions to the dress code.
Instrumental Ensemble Chair Placement
All instrumentalists must participate in chair placement auditions for Symphony Orchestra and Wind Philharmonic. Auditions will be held Sunday, August 21, 2016.
The Instrumental Newsletter will provide more detailed information. See Ensemble Placement Auditions for Incoming Students.
- 2016 Summer Instrumental Newsletter
- 2016 Summer Choral Newsletter
- The Broken Leg Opera Newsletter
For questions about Bass School graduate programs or any of the above information, please contact Dr. David Steffens, Graduate Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (405) 208-5981.