BSN-to-PhD: Simplifying Your Pathway to a Doctoral Degree
The BSN-to-PhD option is designed for individuals with strong academic backgrounds who know they want the PhD degree. Applicants accepted into this track proceed straight through the master’s in nursing without having to reapply to continue on to the PhD. This direct entry option is ideal for those with strong interests in research and/or an academic career.
Admission requirements and prerequisites:
- Admission to the university
- BSN from a nationally accredited (“recognized”) university (or in the final semester of a BSN program)
- Undergraduate cumulative GPA of a 3.5 or better or completion of a master’s degree in another field
- Course in health assessment
- Course in statistics that includes inferential statistics
- TOEFL score of 550 or higher if proof of English proficiency is required
- Registered Nurse licensure or the international equivalent
- Demonstrated the potential for leadership and scholarship
- Personally written essay of <750 words demonstrating effective writing skills describing how the PhD will help the applicant achieve life and career goals
- Curriculum Vitae comprehensively listing professional accomplishments and demonstrated potential for both leadership and scholarship
- One of the following three options: To apply, please click here and select "Graduate."
- Graduate Record of Examination (GRE)
- an approved scholarly paper
- an approved article/paper published in a refereed journal
To apply, please click here and select "Graduate."