The philosophy department has the following seven instructional objectives which it aims to accomplish through all of its programs. These objectives are our means of achieving the university's overarching goal of preparing servant leaders.
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and forcefully in written English.
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and forcefully in oral English.
- Ability to read, comprehend and analyze philosophical texts written in or translated into English.
- Acquisition of a body of content knowledge in philosophy, providing a sufficient foundation for further graduate study in the discipline.
- Ability to synthesize ideas drawn from diverse sources.
- Ability to think creatively and develop original ideas.
- Ability to think critically and to evaluate the ideas of others in a fair and balanced way.
FULL DEPARTMENT ASSESSMENT PLAN (includes Program Objectives, Student Handbook, and Student Assessment Form)