Procedures & Facilities for Reporting Criminal Acts & Emergencies
The Oklahoma City University Police Department is charged by the University with responsibility for maintaining conditions necessary for a safe and secure learning environment, and strives for a crime-free campus. The Police Department is located at 1635 NW 23rd—the northeast corner of 23rd and Blackwelder—and is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The dispatcher may be reached at 208-5911.
Students, faculty, staff, campus guests and others are requested to cooperate fully with police officers and to promptly report any crime or any suspicious activity to the Police Department. Failure to do so, making a false report or obstructing an investigation may result in sanctions, fines or other disciplinary action by the University or criminal prosecution.
For the safety of its students, faculty, staff and guests, Oklahoma City University seeks to maintain a closed campus and discourages trespassers. Students, faculty and staff must carry University identification cards at all times, and must present them to any university official upon request. While the University strives to maintain adequate evening lighting, individuals are discouraged from walking unaccompanied during the evening and late night hours. A call to the dispatcher for an escort will enhance individual safety.
Visitation hours are established in University housing and in fraternity and sorority facilities. Students should consult the Student Handbook regarding those policies, and any additional policies that may be established by dormitory authorities regarding other safety measures.
Students are encouraged to report all instances of sexual offenses against them. When sexual offenses have occurred on campus, reports should be made immediately to the Oklahoma City University Police Department. Sexual offenses committed off-campus should be reported to the Oklahoma City Police Department.
Disciplinary proceedings, if appropriate, will be imposed by the Dean of Student Life in accordance with established University policies.
Parking is available in close proximity to all buildings and dorms on the OCU campus.
Park only in places allowed by your parking permit.
Do not leave valuables in plain sight inside of your vehicle.
Always secure your vehicle. Unsecured vehicles have a higher likelihood of being burglarized.
Make sure your vehicle's registration is up to date and insured.
My vehicle was impounded. How do I get it Released?
- You will need to come to the Police Department. The address and directions are on your pink impound slip the Officer will give you at the time your vehicle is being towed.
- You must be able to prove the vehicle is yours: bill of sale, registration check pulls up in your name on the state data base, etc.
- You must have proof of insurance.
- You must have a valid driver's license, or have someone with you that will be driving the car that has a valid driver's license.
- There is a $100.00 cash processing fee. Once you have paid the release fee, you will be given a release slip that you must present at the impound lot.
- The towing company that we utilize will also have a release and impound fee that is set and regulated by the State of Oklahoma.
For More Information
OCU Police Department
Office: (405) 208.5001
Fax: (405) 208.6039