Veterans Affairs banner

What degree programs (majors) are available?

View a complete list of degrees here.

What is the minimum ACT or SAT score for acceptance?

Regular admission standards include a 22 ACT or SAT equivalent and a cumulative 3.0 GPA. Oklahoma City University recalculates every high school grade point average on a standard 4.0 scale. All Pre-AP, Honors, and AP courses are weighted on a 5 point scale (A=5, B=4, C=3, D=1). Our calculation will be used for admission and scholarship purposes. 

Each application is given careful consideration based on the student's high school and/or college record, college entrance exam scores, class rank, required essay, desirable character and personality traits, as well as the applicant's interests and goals in relation to the programs of study offered by the university. Students who have been out of high school for more than 10 years are required to submit scores from the ACT Compass test.

The Office of Admissions reserves the right to request any additional information before a decision for admission is made. Providing false or incomplete information on the application for admission may result in a denial of admission or revocation of enrollment.

What is the deadline for application?

The Oklahoma City University undergraduate application for admission is available throughout the year at For incoming traditional freshmen, we begin accepting applications for the fall entry term of the following year as early as August of the previous year. We encourage you to apply early for the best scholarship opportunities. OCU offers rolling admission. 

What are the costs to attend OCU as a full-time undergraduate student?

The total cost of Undergraduate tuition for 2016-2017 at Oklahoma City University is $13,638 (12-16 hour block) per semester. For complete details on tuition and fees click here. For more information on housing costs, click here.

What types of scholarships are available?

Oklahoma City University awards financial assistance to approximately 90% of our students and annually awards more than $10 million in academic merit and performance scholarships. View a complete listing of freshmen scholarships.

What kinds of financial aid options are available?

Oklahoma City University offers a wide range of financial aid options, including an extensive array of scholarships, grants, loans, and part-time campus employment for undergraduate students. OCU annually awards approximately 90% of its students with financial aid and more than $10 million in academic merit and performance scholarships. Merit scholarship awards range from $1,700 to $8,000. View a complete listing of freshmen scholarships here.

Do you have any scholarships for National Merit Scholars?

You bet we do! If you are a National Merit Scholar or National Achievement Scholar, visit our Merit Scholar page.

How do I apply if I am home schooled?

You will apply the same as any other incoming freshmen. Learn more

Where do I send required documents? 

At the completion of your senior year, please have your school send us your final transcript, which includes your graduation date. To be considered official, your transcript must be sent directly from the school to our office. OCU accepts transcripts electronically. If your high school participates with a secure online service, ask them to send your transcript to us electronically. If you have completed any college work (including AP, IB and CLEP scores), please send the official transcripts to the University: 
Office of Admissions
2501 N. Blackwelder Ave.
Oklahoma City, OK 73106

Do out-of-state students pay more to attend OCU?

Tuition is the same for all students, whether residents or non-residents of Oklahoma.

What if I'm not United Methodist; can I attend OCU?

You sure can! Though Oklahoma City University is a United Methodist-affiliated university, we welcome students of all faiths and strive for a diverse student environment.

Does OCU have any on campus living requirements?

Because we believe that a valuable part of a student's learning experience occurs in the university residence halls, we require single, full-time undergraduate students under the age of 21 to live on campus unless they live with a parent or legal guardian while attending Oklahoma City University.

Does the university offer housing for married couples?

We have on-campus apartments available for married couples who are students here at Oklahoma City University.

Do I have to declare my major as a freshman?

No, the Petree College of Arts and Sciences will advise students who are exploring degree options.

What is there to do on the Oklahoma City University campus?

There are so many choices. Whether it's movie night, pizza night, cook outs, concerts, recitals, sporting events, clubs and organizations, Greek life, student senate or intramurals you are looking for, you can find it here at Oklahoma City University. You'll run out of time long before you run out of things to do on campus.

What is there to do in Oklahoma City?

Also know as "The Big Friendly," the city is centered around the Bricktown Entertainment District and is shaped from an extremely diverse population, including 39 American Indian tribes, a vibrant Asian district, the iconic Stockyard City, Paseo Arts District and the restoration of historic Western Ave, just to name a few. All of these experiences are within walking distance or just minutes away by car. Want to learn more about our state? Visit:

Can I have a car on campus my freshman year?

Yes, however each student who owns a car and plans to park on campus must purchase a valid parking sticker from the Campus Police Department. When you visit campus, a temporary parking permit will be issued to you free of charge.

Does OCU offer coed dorms?

OCU offers both coed and same gender facilities. Click here to learn more about our residence halls. On-campus apartments are available for upperclassmen and married couples.

What services do you provided for disabled students?

Oklahoma City University is dedicated to provide accommodations for students who have disabilities. Students must self-identify and provide documentation of learning or physical disabilities. Reasonable modifications in the classroom and auxiliary aids will be provided with appropriately documented disabilities. For more information and helpful links visit Campus Disability Services.