Skip to main content

Housing Accommodations

OCU Housing and Residence Life is committed to meeting the needs of all students, to the best of its ability, by providing an inclusive, respectful and safe living environment. OCU Housing takes these concerns very seriously.

Disability Accommodations

OCU Housing strives to provide equal access to housing for all residents in accordance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act as amended by the ADA Amendments Act of 2008 (ADA), the Fair Housing Act, and other applicable federal and state regulations that prohibit discrimination on the basis of disability.

The Office of Disability Services is the designated office to determine reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals needing accommodations. Requests are reviewed on a case-by-case basis and must include sufficient documentation meeting university guidelines and address the impact of the disability supporting the need for housing accommodations.

On-campus housing accommodations must be applied for on an annual basis.

Service Animals (SA) and Emotional Support Animals (ESA)

Per the University's SA and ESA policy, animals that assist individuals with disabilities to fully access and participate within the residential community may be approved to live within the residence halls.

Students requesting a Service Animal (hereinafter "SA") or Emotional Support Animal (hereinafter "ESA") within University Housing must:

  1. Complete the applicable Disability Services Procedure for requesting accommodations:
  2. If determined eligible to have an SA or ESA in University Housing, the specific animal must also be approved by Disability Services based on their requirements for documentation, and protocols.

If the request is approved, OCU Disability Services will send official notification via the resident's OCU email account that the animal can begin residing in the student’s residence hall room.

Residents who are uncomfortable living in close proximity to a service/assistance animal should contact OCU Housing and Residence Life to discuss options, including possible reassignment.

Apply for a housing accommodation through Disability Services