Skip to main content

F. Withdrawing Funds From Student Organization Accounts

Registered Student Organization Account

All registered student organizations must have a student organization account with the University in order to receive funds from the OCU Student Government Association. Student organizations may receive an account number upon registration with the Office of Student Engagement. The Office of Student Engagement assists student organizations in managing their student organization account by showing them how to use helpful budgeting tools on Engage. Each registered student organizations president, treasurer and advisor should be allowed to manage financial transactions on behalf of the organization.

Accessing Student Organization Funds

Student organizations have two methods for using the funds available in their student organization account.

Petty Cash for amounts up to $250.00: Financial designee’s of an organization may obtain petty cash for up to $250.00 per day.

  1. Petty Cash Vouchers are available in the Office of Student Engagement, Room 114 of the Tom and Brenda McDaniel University Center or click here to access the voucher forms on Engage.
  2. Complete the petty cash voucher and turn it into Student Financial Services, located on room 340 of the Administration Building.
  3. All receipts and unused funds for purchases made with petty cash must be turned in to Student Financial Services within one week of receiving the petty cash. If receipts are not returned, then the amount of petty cash will be charged to the student or organization that received the cash.

Reimbursement: Students who make purchases using personal funds on behalf of a student organization may be reimbursed.

  1. 1. Students must have receipts and complete a Petty Cash Voucher form, which can be obtained from the Office of Student Engagement, located in room 114 of the Tom and Brenda McDaniel University Center or click here to access the forms through Engage.
  1. 2. Once the receipt(s) and Petty Cash form are submitted, the student will be reimbursed with a check from the student organization’s account or direct deposit to their personal checking account if the account information is on file with the University.
  1. 3. Reimbursements typically require one week for processing.

Inactive Student Organization Funds

Funds held in organization accounts where the student organization has been inactive for four or more semesters may be transferred for other uses to benefit the student body at the discretion of the Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students.