Skip to main content

Required Vaccinations for OKCU Nursing Students

Students at the Kramer School of Nursing are required to submit records of immunization to Kramer School of Nursing and OKCU Student Health Clinic. 

For KSN, you must prove immunity to:

  • Hepatitis B
  • MMR (Measles, Mumps and Rubella)
  • Varicella (Chickenpox)

For OKCU, you must provide records of immunity to:

  • Hepatits B
  • MMR (Measles, Mumps and Rubella)
  • Meningitis (if living in on-campus housing, including dormitories and apartments, not required if residing off campus)

Why are vaccines required?

Hospitals and healthcare organizations require employees and students in their facilities to have immunity to those diseases, so KSN must have your records. You should provide your records directly to the Student Services staff in KSN.

OCU requires the information in order to comply with an Oklahoma state law requiring all students in post-secondary education to have immunity to those diseases.

The Student Health clinic coordinates records of students at the University. KSN does not send your records to Student Health. You can bring or fax your records to 405-208-6016. 

What if I ...

  • can’t locate records of having Hepatitis B immunization (3-part series of injections, given over 6 months), or
  • had measles, mumps, rubella or the immunizations to prevent them and don’t have records, or
  • had chicken pox as a child and should be immune, but don’t have records of a doctor visit or proof?

Here’s one solution:

You can have a blood test, known as a titer, which will show immunity to the diseases if you were vaccinated or had the illnesses. You can get the tests at your personal physician’s office, or at the OKCU Student Health Clinic. There is no need to repeat immunizations if you have immunity. A positive result on a titer will indicate immunity.