Skip to main content

Transfer Application Instructions

How to Apply - Transfer, Transfer Nursing, and RN-BSN

All students who have taken any college coursework since the summer after finishing high school is considered a transfer applicant. The Office of Admission will review your application file once we have received all required parts of your application. Admission decisions are made on a continuous or “rolling” basis.

Transfer Students (Non-Nursing & RN-BSN)

1. Completing the Online Application for Transfers (Non-Nursing & RN-BSN)

Access the online application and follow the prompts to create your registration information and register for our Online Application. If you are returning to an existing application, enter your Email (Username) and Password on the Login Page.

Complete and submit your application

Complete each section of the application thoroughly. Click the “Save and Continue” button at the bottom of each page to save your progress. Required questions are marked with a red line on the blank field. As part of your application, you must submit an essay. You may upload a Word document or PDF. You will see a confirmation message and receive a confirmation email once your application has been submitted successfully. Just come back to the Application Home Page to check your Application Status or see which Application Checklist items we have received.

2. Submitting Required Documents

Official transcripts

Transcripts must be submitted from all colleges and universities that you have previously attended. Transfer students with 29 or fewer hours of transferable credit must submit an official high school transcript and ACT/SAT scores to Oklahoma City University in order to be considered for admission.

To be considered official, the transcript must be sent directly from the school. We do not accept scanned copies of transcripts. OCU accepts secure electronic transcripts from several reputable companies. Please use [email protected] when asking the school to send the transcript to OCU via an electronic transcript service. Transcripts may also be mailed to

OCU Admissions
2501 North Blackwelder Ave,
Oklahoma City, OK 73106.

AP or CLEP Scores

If an AP or CLEP score appears on your transcript, you are required to send the official score report to the Office of the Registrar prior to enrollment.

ACT/SAT Scores (optional)

Applicants are not required to submit test scores for admission to OCU but may if they prefer to include them with their application.

In order to be official, ACT scores must be sent directly from ACT (OCU ACT code is 3416). Similarly, SAT scores must be sent directly from the College Board (OCU SAT code is 6543). Test scores included on a student's high school transcript are also official.

Ready to apply to OCU?

Click on "Apply Now" below!

Transfer Application

Apply using the OCU application

Nursing Students (BSN, Accelerated BSN, LPN-BSN Applicants)

Aspiring RN's must apply through NursingCAS

(RN-BSN applicants apply on OCU website above)

If you plan to apply to OCU to become a registered nurse, then you will need to apply on NursingCAS. Applicants must complete the NursingCAS process and submit all official transcripts to NursingCAS to be considered for the Kramer School of Nursing. First, students should create an account with NursingCAS to begin their application. Once they have created their application, they can use the "Add Program" tab in their NursingCAS application to search for "Oklahoma City University" and select their program of interest:

  • "Bachelor of Science in Nursing" - For students interested in starting the BSN or Accelerated BSN at our Oklahoma City University Campus for Fall or Spring.
  • "LPN-BSN (For Registered Nurses)" - This program is for current LPN's seeking their BSN degree.

NursingCAS for Fall 2024 Applicants

Completing your NursingCAS application includes answering all general NursingCAS questions, all questions for the OCU program you select, paying the application fee, the transcript entry portion, and having your official transcripts sent to NursingCAS. Please DO NOT send transcripts directly to OCU Admissions or the Kramer School of Nursing. We will review your transcripts in NursingCAS.

For Eligibility Criteria for undergraduate nursing programs, please see the Kramer School of Nursing.

Nursing Transfer Application

Apply through NursingCAS

Students Who Have Taken College Coursework Outside the United States

For Students who Require a Student Visa to Study in the United States

Please check with OCU International Admissions for instructions on how to apply to OCU.

For Student who are US Citizens, Permanent Residents, or Do Not Require a Student Visa to Study in the United States

In order to best serve students with foreign transcripts, OCU directly evaluates all college or university coursework taken outside the US. We do NOT require students to submit a WES evaluation or to provide any other report from a credit evaluation service.

Students should submit official copies (and official English translations, if needed) of their foreign transcripts to their transfer counselor. Nursing applicants may also submit these documents in the "Documents" section of their NursingCAS application.

The OCU International Admissions Office will then evaluate all credits submitted and provide that evaluation to the Undergraduate Admissions Office and any other unit at the University that requires them. If a student has questions or concerns about submitting these documents, they should contact their Transfer Counselor.

Students with Military Experience

Students with prior or current military experience should also request that their Joint Services Transcripts or Air University/Community College of the Air Force transcript be sent directly to OCU Admissions. Military transcripts are required for determining transfer credits, evaluating admissibility to the university, and processing VA Educational benefits.

Military transcripts can be sent to

OCU Admissions
2501 North Blackwelder Ave
Oklahoma City, OK 73106.

Note: Prior service members applying for a nursing program should request that their military transcripts be sent to OCU directly as NursingCAS does not regularly process military transcripts.