Oklahoma City University | Distance Learning Complaints Skip to content

Distance Learning Complaints

OCU Complaint Procedures

OCU strives to provide the best educational experience for our students regardless of their location. If you have an issue, please address with program in which you are enrolled. Contact your advisor, department chair or dean’s office to determine the appropriate steps to resolve you issue. If you are unable to resolve your issue, please follow the steps outlined in our grievance procedures.

OSRHE Complaints

If the issue has not been resolved students may file a complaint with the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education (OSRHE) by completing the form located at https://www.okhighered.org/current-college-students/complaints.shtml.

Out of State Complaints

The Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education act as the State Portal Entity (SPE) for OCU's participation in the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA), a nonprofit organization that helps expand students’ access to educational opportunities and ensure more efficient, consistent, and effective regulation of distance education programs. NC-SARA requests that all student complaints relating to violations of SARA policy be routed through the state's SPE.

NC-SARA's Student Complaint Process

Federal law mandates that every state must have a department or agency in place to receive and act on complaints about a distance education provider operating in their state. The law also requires that any institution providing distance education in any state must provide contact information for that state's appropriate department or agency to its students in case of disputes.

In compliance with this law, we present here a list of offices for all 50 states.

ALABAMAAlabama Commission on Higher Education(334) 242-1998
ALASKAAlaska Commission on Postsecondary Education(907) 465-2962
ARIZONAArizona State Board for Private Post-secondary Education(602) 542-5709
ARKANSASArkansas Department of Higher Education
Student Grievance Procedure
(501) 371-2000
CALIFORNIACalifornia Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education
How to File a Complaint
(888) 370-7589,
option 3
COLORADOColorado Department of Education
Student Grievance Procedure
(303) 866-2723
CONNECTICUTConnecticut Board of Regents for Higher Education(860) 947-1801
DELAWAREDelaware Department of Education(302) 735-4000
Washington DC - Education Licensure Commission
(202) 442-4343
FLORIDAFlorida Department of Education(850) 245-0505
GEORGIAGeorgia Nonpublic Postsecondary Education CommissionComplaint Form
HAWAIIHawaii Post-Secondary Education Authorization Program
Student Complaint Process
IDAHOIdaho Board of Education
(208) 334-2270
ILLINOISIllinois Board of Higher Education(217) 782-2551
INDIANAIndiana Commission for Higher EducationStudent Complaint Form
IOWAIowa College Student Aid Commission
(515) 725-3400
KANSASKansas Board of Regents
Student Grievance Procedure
(785) 296-4917
KENTUCKYKentucky Council on Post-secondary EducationStudent Grievance Procedure
(502) 573-1555
LOUISIANALouisiana Board of RegentsStudent Grievance Procedure (pdf)
(225) 342-4253
MAINEMaine Department of Education(207) 624-6600
MARYLANDMaryland Higher Education CommissionStudent Grievance Procedure
(410) 260-4500
(800) 974-0203
MASSACHUSETTSMassachusetts Board of Higher Education
Student Grievance Procedure
(617) 994-6950
MICHIGANMichigan Department of Energy, Labor & Economic GrowthStudent Grievance Procedure
(517) 373-1820
MINNESOTAMinnesota Office of Higher Education
Student Grievance Procedure
(651) 642-0567
MISSISSIPPIMississippi Commission on College AccreditationStudent Grievance Procedure (pdf)
(601) 432-6198
MISSOURIMissouri Department of Higher EducationStudent Grievance Procedure (pdf)
(573) 751-2361
MONTANAMontana University System, Montana Board of Regents
(406) 444-6570
NEBRASKANebraska Coordinating Commission for Post-secondary EducationStudent Grievance Procedure
(402) 471-2847
NEVADANevada Commission on Post-secondary EducationStudent Grievance Procedure
(702) 486-7330
New Hampshire Post-secondary Education Commission
Student Grievance Procedure
(603) 271-3494
NEW JERSEYNew Jersey Commission of Higher EducationStudent Grievance Procedure
(609) 588-3226
NEW MEXICONew Mexico Higher Education DepartmentStudent Grievance Procedure
(505) 476-8400
NEW YORKNew York Bureau of Proprietary School SupervisionStudent Complaint Process
NORTH CAROLINANorth Carolina Community College System, Office of Proprietary School Services(919) 807-7146
NORTH DAKOTANorth Dakota State Board for Career and Technical Education
(701) 328-3180
OHIOOhio State Board of Career Colleges and Schools
Student Grievance Procedure
(614) 466-2752
OKLAHOMAOklahoma State Regents for Higher EducationStudent Grievance Procedure
(405) 225-9100
OREGONOregon Department of Education Private and Career Schools OfficeStudent Complaint Form (pdf)
PENNSYLVANIAPennsylvania Department of Education, Division of Program ServicesStudent Grievance Procedure
(717) 783-6137
RHODE ISLANDRhode Island Board of Governors for Higher Education(401) 456-6008
SOUTH CAROLINASouth Carolina Commission on Higher EducationStudent Grievance Procedure (pdf)
(803) 737-2260
SOUTH DAKOTASouth Dakota Board of RegentsStudent Grievance Procedure
(803) 737-2260
TENNESSEETennessee Education CommissionStudent Grievance Procedure
(615) 741-3605
TEXASTexas Higher Education Coordinating BoardStudent Grievance Procedure
(512) 427-6101
UTAHUtah Division of Consumer ProtectionStudent Grievance Procedure
(801) 530-6601
VERMONTVermont State Board of EducationStudent Grievance Procedure (pdf)
(802) 828-3135
VIRGINIAVirginia State Council of Higher EducationStudent Complaint Process
WASHINGTONWashington Student Achievement CouncilStudent Grievance Procedure
(360) 753-7869
West Virginia Higher Education Policy Commission(304) 558-4016
WISCONSINWisconsin Educational Approval ProgramStudent Grievance Procedure
(608) 266-1996
WYOMINGWyoming Department of Education
Student Grievance Procedure (pdf)
(307) 777-5712
Back to Top