- Learn about our career-oriented program that offers the opportunity to study tap, jazz, and ballet with an emphasis in theater dance while working toward a Bachelor of Performing Arts in dance performance, a Bachelor of Science in dance management or a Bachelor of Science in American dance teacher degree.
- Audition for admission to the department and a scholarship if you are a high school senior or transfer student.
- Learn about The American Spirit Dance Company.
- Meet our faculty of nationally recognized performers and choreographers.
Parents & Teachers:
- Learn about exciting things happening in dance at Oklahoma City University’s Ann Lacy School of American Dance and Arts Management.
- Observe auditions and technical leveling.
- Meet our faculty.
Dance Admission and Scholarship Auditions
Interested dancers wishing to be considered for admission to the dance program and a dance scholarship should register for the Dance at Oklahoma City University! Admission & Scholarship Audition held twice a year. Each audition has different guidelines and procedures. The registration deadline for the Dance Admission and Scholarship audition is the Tuesday before each audition.
To be eligible to register for the dance program auditions or video submissions, auditioners (domestic or international) must have at least one of the following:
- ACT score of 20 or above
- SAT score of 950 or above (excluding the writing test) for SAT test taken prior to March 2016
- SAT score of 1030 or above for SAT test taken March 2016 or after
Transfer Students: Transfer students are required to submit college transcripts to be evaluated to be eligible to audition. Transfer students with less than 27 completed semester credit hours of academic courses must have qualifying ACT or SAT scores as described above for entering freshmen and a cumulative GPA of 2.75. Transfer students for all degree programs with over 26 completed semester credit hours of academic courses must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0. Transcripts may be sent prior to registering for the audition or immediately after registering. Transcripts do not have to be official copies. Official or unofficial transcripts can be submitted to Katy Rush via email email@example.com, fax (405-208-5313) or mail (Oklahoma City University Dance, Attn: Katy Rush, 2501 N. Blackwelder, Oklahoma City, OK 73106). If you have questions about submitting transcripts, please contact Katy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 405-208-5644.
Early Decision Audition
Saturday, October 29, 2016
Click here for details
Annual Spring Audition
Saturday, April 1, 2017
Click here for details
If you are unable to attend the Admission & Scholarship Auditions, you may submit a DVD to be considered for admission. Please visit the Video Audition Page for complete details and guidelines.