Dance Admission and Scholarship Auditions
Interested dancers wishing to be considered for admission to the dance program and a dance scholarship should register for one of the Dance Admission and Scholarship Auditions, held three times a year:
To be eligible to register for the dance program auditions or video submissions, auditioners must FIRST begin their academic application for admission to Oklahoma City University.
Students (domestic or international) must have at least one of the following:
- ACT composite score of 21 or above
- SAT composite score of 1060 or above
- A minimum of a 3.33 GPA, as calculated by Oklahoma City University admissions.
** An ACT or SAT score is preferred.
*** Auditioners do not have to wait for an official academic admission response from Oklahoma City University in order to register for auditions.
During the academic admission process, transcripts of transfer students will be evaluated to determine students' eligibility to register for the audition. Transfer students with less than 27 completed semester credit hours of academic courses must have qualifying ACT or SAT scores as described above for entering freshmen, OR a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00.
Transfer students for all degree programs with over 26 completed semester credit hours of academic courses must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
During the Audition Weekend, Dancers and Families Will:
- Attend information sessions about exciting things happening in dance at Oklahoma City University’s Ann Lacy School of American Dance and Entertainment.
- Learn about our career-oriented program that offers the opportunity to study tap, jazz, and ballet with an emphasis in theater dance, while working toward a Bachelor of Performing Arts in Dance Performance, a Bachelor of Science in Dance Management or a Bachelor of Science in American Dance Pedagogy degree.
- Meet our faculty of nationally recognized performers and choreographers.
- Discover the many performing opportunities available within Dance and Entertainment at Oklahoma City University.
- Dancers will audition for admission to the dance program and for talent scholarships if they are high school seniors or transfer students.
The October and January Auditions will give auditioners many advantages for becoming students at Oklahoma City University.
- Priority consideration for competitive acceptance
- Earlier decision and admission
- Access to more dance scholarship
- Opportunity for early enrollment