Oklahoma City University | Health Insurance Skip to content

Health Insurance

What kind of insurance does OCU offer to its students?

OCU has a Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) administered by BancFirst Insurance Services. The policy is with United Healthcare. Students on the SHIP pay a $500 deductible per policy year, and then United Healthcare will cover 80% of a covered injury or illness for in-network care. Deductible and co-insurance (20%) are waived for services at the Campus Health Clinic.

All domestic undergraduate students taking twelve (12) or more credit hours, all domestic graduate (including law and doctoral programs) students taking nine (9) or more credit hours, and all post-graduate nursing students taking three (3) or more credit hours will be automatically enrolled in this insurance plan at registration, unless proof of comparable coverage is furnished.

Policy details will be available soon. 

You already have health insurance that pays benefits in Oklahoma City?

Domestic students may apply for a waiver of the insurance offered through the school through the waiver portal, www.studentcenter.uhcsr.com/okcu. You will need your date of birth, student ID number, and insurance information available when applying for the waiver.

To view the student health insurance plan, go to www.uhcsr.com/okcu. Please contact Kelley Hinkle at [email protected] or 405.948.7930 with any questions regarding coverage, eligibility, or waiver requirements.

Please note this information will be updated each school year.

For information on how to complete an insurance waiver please watch the video below.

Health Insurance Tips

  • Show your health insurance ID card to all healthcare providers before seeking treatment. This means you need to carry your health insurance card with you at all times.
  • Students on the SHIP:
    • Should use the Campus Health Clinic for all non-emergency illness or injuries before seeking treatment elsewhere. Most injuries and illnesses can be fully addressed at the Campus Health Clinic at no cost to the student.
    • If you receive any bills or letters about medical care or health insurance, bring them to the Campus Health Center immediately. Bills that have gone to a collection agency are the student's responsibility.
Back to Top